"I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but my duty is to accomplish humble tasks as if they were great and noble."
--Helen Keller

"The miracle isn't that I finished.The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

-John Bingham

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yoga women

There's a small group of "regulars" in my Tuesday night yoga class that like to discuss wine. They are older than me and I believe their children must be grown. I'm not sure why, but it's their favorite topic. "I had wine last night." Or "we should have a wine party." Or "I'm flying to Napa to a wine conference." Or last night's was "I had a glass of wine while gazing at the full moon the other night."

Well, I don't like to brag in class-- and I don't really know them that well, but, I get WAY more whine than they do! I have whine with EVERY meal (even breakfast). In fact, I usually have it in the afternoon, before bed, before school. I hate to list all the times that I have whine because some might worry that I am a regular whine-o. I suppose I am.

But it's not my fault! It's my life! Really, it's my children. I could do with a lot LESS whine. I would NEVER fly to a whine conference-- I think that would be called a birthday party-- but sometimes I would like to just fly away. And I have been known to stand outside, gazing at the moon to escape the whine.

So I just needed to set the record straight. Whine is not all that great. And you won't catch me talking about it before yoga class. That's why I go to yoga-- to escape it! ;o)